Bacon Banana Foster (Yield: 4-6 Servings)
2 tbsp. Butter, salted
2 tbsp. Bacon fat
3/4 cup Light brown sugar
1/2 cup Templeton Rye
2 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon, ground
3 Bananas, yellow (no black), sliced
1/4 cup Bacon, Iowa Farm Families, cooked crisp, coarsely chopped
1 pint Vanilla bean ice cream
1. Melt the butter and bacon fat in a large saute pan over
2. Add the sugar and let cook until sugar completely liquefies.
3. Let the sugar cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add Templeton Rye and flambe.
5. Add the vanilla, cinnamon and banana slices and cook for an additional minute.
6. Serve over ice cream and top with bacon.
Created by: Chef Lance Avery