Templeton Rye Cream Corn
1/4 cup Butter
1 cup (approx. 4 large) Shallots, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Red bell pepper, large, coarsely chopped
4 cups (approx. 5 ears) Fresh corn kernels
2/3 cup Whipping cream, divided
1/4 cup Templeton Rye
1 cup Green onions, chopped (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add shallots and garlic; saute for 2 minutes.
3. Add red bell pepper; saute 1 minute.
4. Add corn; saute until almost tender, about 2 minutes.
5. Add 1/3 cup cream and Templeton Rye whiskey.
6. Simmer until sauce thickly coats corn, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
7. Add remaining 1/3 cup cream and 1 cup green onions.
8. Simmer until sauce thickens enough to coat corn thinly, about 2 minutes.
9. Season creamed corn to taste with salt and pepper.
10. Transfer to bowl.